Obituaries in the Upper Dauphin Sentinel are printed free of charge with the following information:
- Date and location of death
- Birth date and location and birth parents of the deceased
- Churches and organizations in which the deceased was a member
- Surviving family members (except names of grandchildren and children’s spouses) and pre-deceased family members
- Date, time and location of funeral services if after our publish time
- Place of burial
- Memorial contribution information.
All “free” obituaries are published according to our guidelines and space limitations. We reserve the right to edit any obituary submitted for free publication. Obituaries that include extra information must be requested and will be published at a cost of $9.50 for the first 30 words, plus 10 cents for each additional word for the entire obituary. Payment is due by 9 a.m. the Monday before publication date. Credit card payment can be made by calling 717-692-4737 ext. 100.
A photograph will be included in an obituary at a charge of $20. Photo can be emailed as a JPG file to email@example.com, or mailed to PO Box 250, Millersburg PA 17061, or hand-delivered to 510 Union St., Millersburg. Payment is due by 9 a.m. Monday.
We prefer to receive obituaries from a funeral home. However, we will accept an obituary from an immediate family member if daytime contact information (i.e., phone number and/or e-mail) is provided.