By Duane Good EDITOR
In less than two weeks, both the Millersburg and Upper Dauphin Area school boards – meeting jointly but voting as separate entities – will decide on whether to pursue the next step in a possible merger of their school districts sometime in the next decade.
As of today, only that much is certain.
It is not known how the boards will vote. Most likely, they will decide one of two courses – either stop the discussion now, or move on to looking at how a new, merged school district would operate “on the ground.’’
Even then, any decision they make is not final. Once the boards settle those issues, they are required to forward that proposal to the state Department of Education for review.
In the end, state officials will be the ones who decide whether the current ‘‘Indians and Trojans’’ become something new entirely, quite possibly for decades to come.
The joint boards are scheduled at this time to meet and cast their votes at a public meeting 6:30 p.m. Monday, Nov. 11 in the Millersburg Area High School auditorium.
SEE MERGER • PAGE A4